- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
- Please note: this course is currently in a transition period (superseded due to Government-mandated updates), with our updated course due for release in the next few months. Rest assured, completion of this course version with us before 30 October 2024 will still provide you with a valid and quality outcome. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a Career Advisor on 1300 616 197.
The Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance equips you with a solid understanding of how to assist with allied health programming, how to interpret basic medical terminology and how to comply with infection prevention and control policies. You will also learn the important skill of communicating effectively with both professionals and patients.
This course allows you to work alongside allied health workers, implementing treatment plans and therapeutic solutions in a range of areas, including in aged and disability support, child welfare, youth or multicultural services. With such a diverse range of areas, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple areas or focus on one that you are most passionate about. This nationally recognised training qualification in allied health enables you to work in entry-level positions across a wide range of positions in the health sector such as Patient Care Assistant, Occupational Therapy Assistant and Physiotherapy Assistant.
These allied health careers will require you to be responsible for providing patient care and encouraging patients to complete specific treatment plans related to injury, illness or disability-related physical issues. Allied health graduates are required in a range of different health industry settings, including hospitals, medical practices, schools and community health centres.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Medical imaging assistant
- Occupational therapy assistant
- Physiotherapy Assistant
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Complete within 12 months
- Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
- You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
- You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
*This course contains a core unit, HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conducts training and assessment services on behalf of Foundation Education.
- Online combined with 80 hours of practical work placement
- Flexible online learning, meaning you can study whenever and wherever suits you through our online learning platform, My eCampus. This course also includes a minimum of 80 hours of work placement to be recorded in a logbook, which will allow the learner to demonstrate competence
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Given that some students may already be able to demonstrate their competence in some units, a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment process may be available to students to recognise skills and knowledge that may have been gained through formal and informal training and/or learning, work experience and life experience
To be assessed as competent, learners need to provide evidence of their knowledge and skills relevant to the unit of competence. Assessment methods may include:
- Short answer questions
- Assignments / Projects
- Observation Report
- Practical Assessment / Project
- Case Study / Role Play
*This course contains the unit HLTAID011 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605), which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in your course fees.
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is an established Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in Australia that strives to provide flexible online training solutions tailored to suit the lifestyle of our students. Since 1999, our focus has been on delivering excellent Vocational Education and Training while fostering partnership networks that enhance the quality of graduates across various industries. We have a valuable collaboration with the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), our partner RTO. Offering over 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses, we stand out in the industry because:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are conveniently delivered online, allowing you to study at your own pace and location. You have the freedom to choose the duration of your course, whether completing it within the standard term or accelerating your studies to finish in just six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Throughout your learning journey, our team of industry-experienced technical advisors, assessors, and support officers will be there to guide and assist you from enrollment until graduation, ensuring you receive the support you need.
- Industry-Relevant Courses – We collaborate with industry experts to develop course materials that equip you with job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge aligned with your career aspirations, ensuring that our courses are relevant to the current industry demands.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)