Our nationally recognised BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Customer Engagement) is designed to arm you with the tools to keep the customers coming back. You will learn how to use industry essential skills like producing documents, working as part of a team, managing feedback and complaints, and delivering quality customer service, to make sure you keep your customers happy.
A specialisation in customer engagement may be used in a number of different industries, such as customer service, sales, retail or, general clerical / administrative organisations.
General clerical work shows a strong future growth and is expected to reach 342,000 jobs by 2025.
Call or Contact Centre Workers shows a moderate growth and is likely to reach 39,100 jobs by 2025.
Who's It For?
This course is suited to people who have no experience and are looking to gain employment in a sales or office environment in an organisation with a strong focus on customer service or sales. The Certificate III in Business (Customer Engagement) is also a good option if you are already working in business or sales and want to formalise your experience and improve your skills to boost your job performance and prospects.
If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our enrolment consultants during your enrolment conversation. You may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and complete your studies faster. Please note – limitations do apply.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Clerical Officer
- Customer Service Representative
- General Clerk
What You'll Learn
During the course, you will learn how to:
- Assist with WHS
- Participate in sustainable work practices
- Communicate in the workplace
- Apply critical thinking
- Support personal wellbeing at work
- Design and produce business documents
- Design and produce spreadsheets
- Deliver and monitor services to customers
- Provide advice on products and services
- Assist with customer difficulties
- Process customer complaints
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Self paced – maximum of 12 months
- Recommended hours per week: 18h
Recognition of Prior Learning
- We understand that you may already have many skills and areas of expertise that you have obtained in different ways and these are recognised through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
- Multiple choice Quiz
- Role plays
- Work Placement
- Written assignments
Your learning materials are accessed through our online platform OpenSpace. These learning materials include:
- Learning content
- Additional resources
- Learning activities
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)