- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
The combined CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care + CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care will earn you the required experience, training and expertise to work in a variety of early childhood education jobs. This course reflects the role of educators in early childhood education and care who work in regulated children’s education and care services in Australia.
Upon graduation, you will be qualified to take on various positions in early childhood education where the duties are varied, fulfilling and crucial to childhood development. You will graduate with the skills and experience to work in long daycare centres, preschools or kindergartens.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Long Day Care Educator
- Kindergarten Assistant
- Childcare Assistant
- Early Childhood Educator
- Lead Educator
- Childcare Director
- Educational Leader
- Group Leader
- Assistant Director
What You'll Learn
- Support children with play-based learning
- Coach and supervise other Educators
- Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- Manage the administrative tasks established for family day care operations
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care — up to 18 months
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care — up to 18 months
CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care must be completed before commencing CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care. Students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Ready to make your mark?
Earn a nationally recognised qualification that will leave you prepared for an enriching, lifelong career in just three years.
Looking to change careers?
If early childhood education settings appeal, get certified through a flexible, online course that boasts strong employment opportunities upon graduating.
Want to lead the team?
With this qualification, you’ll graduate with the skills and experience to apply for coveted leadership roles n this sector.
For the CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care there are 160 hours of mandatory placement. For the CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care there are 280 hours.
Students must have access to a classroom environment catering to primary or secondary school students, within at least one school in Australia, AND access to a qualified teacher who is employed at the school.
Where required, we will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing. Students must also apply for their Working with Children check at course commencement.
- Knowledge questions
- Case Study
To achieve the Certificate III and Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, you must complete 32 units.
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is an established Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in Australia that strives to provide flexible online training solutions tailored to suit the lifestyle of our students. Since 1999, our focus has been on delivering excellent Vocational Education and Training while fostering partnership networks that enhance the quality of graduates across various industries. We have a valuable collaboration with the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), our partner RTO. Offering over 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses, we stand out in the industry because:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are conveniently delivered online, allowing you to study at your own pace and location. You have the freedom to choose the duration of your course, whether completing it within the standard term or accelerating your studies to finish in just six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Throughout your learning journey, our team of industry-experienced technical advisors, assessors, and support officers will be there to guide and assist you from enrollment until graduation, ensuring you receive the support you need.
- Industry-Relevant Courses – We collaborate with industry experts to develop course materials that equip you with job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge aligned with your career aspirations, ensuring that our courses are relevant to the current industry demands.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)