- Only Australian citizens or residents are eligible to apply for this course. We are not CRICOS registered and are unable to accept enrolments from International Student Visa holders (Subclass 500)
People with disabilities and the elderly are often most in need of our help. Begin a rewarding and fulfilling career supporting people with a disability.
A CHC33105 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) will prepare you with skills to provide individualised support and facilitate the empowerment of people living with a disability. You will learn how to fulfil the critical functions of disability support workers and support community participation and inclusion. Help improve someone’s quality of life with this nationally recognised course.
- Salary: $1,265 Average Weekly Salary
- Job Growth: Very Strong
- Employment Size: 222,300 by 2024
- Industry Growth: 22% project growth by 2024
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Care Assistant
- Care Service Employee
- Care Worker
- Client Assistant
- Community Access Coordinator
- Community Care Worker
- Community House Worker
- Disability Service Officer
- Family Support Worker
- Field Officer (Community Services)
- Food Services Deliverer
- Home Care Assistant
- In-Home Respite Worker
- Nurse’s Aide
- Planned Activity Assistant
- Residential Aide
- Residential Care Worker
- Residential Support Worker
- School Support Officer (Disability)
- Senior Personal Care Assistant
- Transport Support Worker
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration and Study Load
- Up to 12 months
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification. It’s preferred that students have obtained a minimum of a School Certificate or equivalent
- Students will be required to provide a current National Police Certificate prior to commencing work
Study with confidence:
- Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Industry Work Placement
- Support Industry
- Experienced Trainers
- Job-Ready Skills Training
- Dedicated Support and Guidance
- Government Funding
- Local Campuses
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Collaboration Learning recognises that some students have had previous experience and learning whether that be working in the industry or completion of a previous course of study
- We are happy to discuss Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) with students. Each student requesting RPL will be interviewed and they should provide a portfolio of evidence to support their application and may be assessed on the job
- On-the-job assessments can be conducted to assess current skills and knowledge
Jacob TurnerCertificate III in Individual Support
Joanne HallCertificate IV in Ageing Support
LaelCertificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
About Collaboration Learning
Collaboration Learning is one of the leading Registered Training Organisations in Queensland. We offer Nationally Recognised Qualifications in various sectors including aged care, community services, child care, business and supply chain operations.
Our FlexStudy program gives learners the opportunity to study in a flexible, blended way that allows them to achieve their study goals. We recognise that all learners are different, and our FlexStudy program caters for all cohorts of students including jobseekers, existing workers and trainees and apprentices.
FlexStudy is a blended model, where students have access to their learning content online and can study in their own time as well as having the benefit of structured face-to-face training, web-based workshops, practical days, workplace visits; students choose the pathway that suits them. Students can also visit one of our CollabHubs to enjoy a (good) coffee and spend time with their trainer for support or face to face learning sessions.
Our student support team and trainers are committed to guiding students from the start till the completion of their course.
Whether you are a job seeker looking to get job-ready or an existing worker wanting to upskill, we are dedicated to providing the best training outcomes so you succeed in your education and career goals!
Collaboration Learning is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #52247).