- We are a private RTO and therefore government funding is not available. Please check eligibility requirements before enquiring
This course will help progress your career to the next level.
Learn transferable leadership skills, which will take you from team member to manager. These skills can be used across many industries, allowing you to graduate with numerous career opportunities.
Electives in this course have been selected to meet current industry demand, meaning that you will graduate with a skill-set highly valued by employers.
When you complete your first module, can make application for free 12-month affiliate membership with the Institute of Managers and Leaders, which will give you access to a range of benefits, such as access to e-newsletters, blogs, events, and online resources. IML is a key industry membership organisation for managers at a variety of levels.
This course may also serve as a path into further study, including advancing to the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management.
Who's It For?
This course is ideal for people who have no management experience but want to move into leadership roles.
The course is also perfect if you have recently stepped into management but have no qualifications and would like a strong set of skills that will help you become a better leader.
If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our enrolment consultants during your enrolment conversation. You may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and complete your studies faster. Please note – limitations do apply.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Coordinator (business operations)
- Distribution centre supervisor
- Freight administrative supervisor
- Frontline aales manager
- Leading hand
- Line manager
- Production supervisor
- Sales team Mmnager
- Team leader
- Warehouse team leader
What You'll Learn
- Learn to demonstrate leadership in the workplace, including how to lead and facilitate a team
- Learn to write complex documents
- Learn to coordinate business operational plans
- Learn to apply communication strategies in the workplace and how to develop and use emotional intelligence
- Learn to apply critical thinking to work practices
- Learn how to lead effective workplace relationships
- Learn to develop personal work priorities
- Learn to implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures, and programs
- Learn to undertake project work
- Learn to build and maintain business relationships
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Maximum 18 months
- 23 hours per week of recommended study
There are no mandated education entry requirements for this qualification, per the BSB Business Services Training Package.
There are no mandatory Open Colleges entry requirements.
It is also recommended that students:
- Are 18 years old (note students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and communicate effectively through email. These skills are equivalent to those that would be required to successfully complete Year 12 or ACSF Level 3
- You will need to have completed Year 12, or a qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Access to a modern computer with video/audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet
- Access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Basic computing skills, including the ability to make a short video
- Access to a digital video recording device to save and upload video/image files to OpenSpace, e.g., mobile phone/smartphone
You’ll be required to operate office equipment and resources including telephone, photocopier, scanner and printer in a safe environment that includes an ergonomically sound computer workstation.
Equipment and tools
This course includes a requirement to record video and/ or audio roleplays. These will require participation by 1-2 other people sourced by you.
Language, literacy and numeracy
Our free online assessment tool can help give you an idea of the language, literacy and numeracy skills needed to study a VET course. This tool can also help you determine your learning level and help you plan your future studies.
- Delivered 100% online with online learning platform Open Space
- Further develop your skills and abilities as a leader and performance manager
- Learn practical, relevant skills that are transferrable across many businesses and industries
- Course electives have been selected to meet current industry demand
- Gain the skills to stay abreast of, drive, and adapt to change
- Receive a 12-month affiliate membership with the Institute of Managers and Leaders
Recognition of Prior Learning
We understand that you may already have many skills and areas of expertise that you have obtained in different ways, and these are recognised through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
Our Credit Transfer & Recognition of Prior Learning Policy, available in our website’s Key Student Information section, provides more information about our RPL process. Alternatively, you can contact an Enrolment Consultant to discuss your RPL options.
- Multiple choice quiz
- Role plays
- Written assessments
Learning materials are accessed through our online platform, OpenSpace. These learning materials include:
- Learning content
- Additional resources
- Practice activities
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)