Take the next step in your career by learning to manage and lead a team, with Open Colleges’ BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management.
Step into leadership roles with confidence and a strong set of management skills by studying this nationally recognised qualification online.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Leading Hand
- Team Leader
What You'll Learn
- This online leadership and management course will teach you how to communicate with team members to build effective working relationships and get the best out of a team
- You will also learn how to put an operational plan in place, develop work priorities and put workplace information systems into practice
- The online management certification will equip you with a working understanding of leadership principles, and how to promote innovation and continuous improvement within a business and a team
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Maximum 18 months
You will need to be at least 18 years old.
If you haven’t successfully completed English at Year 10 level, you can demonstrate equivalency through one of the following:
- Successful completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate II level or higher; or
- 2 years relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
- When you complete your first module, you will receive a 12-month affiliate membership with the Institute of Managers and Leaders (previously known as the Australian Institute of Management)
- IML membership at this level provides learners with many benefits such as access to e-newsletters, blogs, events, and online resources
- The Certificate IV is a great pathway into further study, including the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Open Colleges’ flexible online learning model means you get the skills you need to get ahead without having to attend classes
- You simply log-in to your online campus, OpenSpace, and study wherever you want, whenever you want
- Case Studies
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Short-Answer Questions
- Written Reports
- Create opportunities to maximise innovation within the team
- Organise and agree upon effective ways of working
- Support and guide colleagues
- Reflect on how the team is working
- Implement operational plan
- Implement resource acquisition
- Monitor operational performance
- Contribute to quality customer service standards
- Implement customer service systems
- Implement team customer service standards
- Identify and source information needs
- Collect, analyse and report information
- Implement information systems
- Prepare for information system changes
- Collect, analyse and communicate information and ideas
- Develop trust and confidence as leader
- Develop and maintain networks and relationships
- Manage difficulties into positive outcomes
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)