According to joboutlook.gov.au, there were 65,900 Human Resource Professionals in 2020. The number of workers:
- increased significantly over the past 5 years
- is expected to grow over the next five years
- is likely to reach 70,600 by 2025
When you graduate, you will be qualified to work in roles including Change Manager, Human Resources Advisor, Human Resources Consultant, Human Resources Manager, and Talent Management Consultant.
Online study with Open Colleges gives you the opportunity to study the way you want when you want. Our flexible learning allows you to study at your own pace and convenience.
You will gain a nationally accredited qualification that you can use to gain work all across Australia.
Who's It For?
This course is for people who have HR experience or those have completed previous study in Human Resources at a Certificate IV level.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Human Resource Advisor
- Human Resources Manager
- Organisational Development Advisor
What You'll Learn
- Coordinate human resource functions and processes
- Manage employee and industrial relations
- Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- Manage business risk
- Coordinate workforce plan implementation
- Facilitate performance development processes
- Coordinate the learning and development of teams and individuals
- Manage recruitment and onboarding
- Coordinate remuneration and employee benefits
- Coordinate separation and termination processes
- Develop critical thinking in others
- Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Maximum of 18 months
- 26 hours of study per week recommended
Mandatory Entry Requirements
To enrol in this course you will need to:
- Have completed the following units of competency (or their equivalent)
- BSBHRM411 Administer performance development processes
- BSBHRM412 Support employee and industrial relations
- BSBHRM415 Coordinate recruitment and onboarding
- BSBHRM417 Support human resource functions and processes
Provide evidence of two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience. It is also recommended that students:
- Are 18 years old (note students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have access to a modern computer with video / audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet
- Have access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Have basic computing skills, including ability to make a short video
- Have access to a digital video recording device to save and upload video/image files to OpenSpace, e.g., mobile phone/smartphone
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our enrolment consultants during your enrolment conversation. You may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and complete your studies faster. Please note – limitations do apply.
- Multiple choice Quiz
- Role plays
- Written assessments
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)