The double CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care and the CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care course will give you the career boost you need to get ahead in the child care industry. As a minimum, child care workers need to hold or be working towards the CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care in order to enter the industry. Completing the diploma on top of this will improve your career prospects into educational leadership positions such as room or team leaders, nominated supervisors and center manager in centre-based services. Overall, these qualifications will teach you to plan, implement and manage programs in early childhood services.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early Childhood Educator
- Childhood Education Manager
- Children’s Service Director
- Children’s Service manager
- Family Day Care Educator
- Outside School Hours Care Educator
- Room Leader
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- This qualification has a maximum duration of 20 months, with the ability to complete in less than the allocated time
- Early Childhood Education and Care qualifications consist of a range of practical tasks and in order to meet workplace experience and job role expectations, students should be physically, mentally and emotionally healthy to meet duty of care obligations
- There are no course requirements for this qualification, but it is preferred that the students have obtained a minimum of a School Certificate or equivalent
- Access to Canvas – Kirana Colleges virtual campus
- Work Placement Assistance – team dedicated to assisting with work placement during your course which may, in turn, to lead to future job prospects
- Welcome placement & job ready packs to assist with work placement
- 24-7 access to the Student Assistance Program (counselling support & advice, delivered by Access EAP)
- Kirana provides both telephone and face to face support
- Student support services, where students can receive support or assistance in the use of Canvas or other administrative enquiries
- Access to leading industry trainers and assessors who care about how you progress in the course
- Flexible learning options: online or blended
- Our online learning is interactive and encourages collaboration for when you want to be inspired by like-minded students and teachers
- 440 hours of practical placement is required
Students are provided with the following:
- Learning material
- Access to interactive zoom workshops to support professional learning
- Qualified trainers with extensive industry experience
- Optional additional support sessions
- Targeted assessment tools
- Student Assistance Program (counselling sessions)
- Certificate and Transcript (if course is completed)
- Statement of Attainment (if student is found competent in at least 1 Unit of Competency)
To achieve CHC30121 / CHC50121 Double Certificate III and Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, students are required to be found competent in a total of 31 units (26 core units and 5 elective units).
About Kirana Colleges
At Kirana Colleges we believe you can change the world by starting with yourself.
Vocational education plays a critical role in creating a strong and healthy economy by equipping people with the skills they need to succeed. Kirana Colleges provides work-ready courses and qualifications that help build Australia’s economy and help graduates reach their potential by equipping them with the skills and ‘can do’ attitude employers are looking for.
Kirana Colleges nurtures people to reach their potential and create positive change in individuals, which leads to a better society in which to live and work. We’re focused on delivering the training outcomes our students and business need to thrive.
Kirana Colleges is a subsidiary brand of Kirana Education Group.
Maxis Solutions Pty Ltd (RTO 91428) is a Registered Training Organisation and will be awarding the qualification on completion.