Get a higher education qualification in two years when studying full-time! Based on the Bachelor of Sport Business in terms of content, the Associate Degree of Sport Business offers students the opportunity to get into the workforce quicker or alternatively complete their qualification while managing work or other commitments.
Key topics include the principles of sport management, sport analytics, sport law and integrity, leadership, athlete wellbeing and management, sport in a social context, sport governance and structures, and the international landscape of sport business.
We outshine our competitors based on the Quality Indicators of Learning and Teaching (QILT) Student Experience Survey, which is run by the Government. This is important because it tells you what our current students have said about their experiences at ACPE. Compared to other universities and education providers, for 2021, ACPE ranked number 1 for sport courses in Australia, for teaching quality, student support, and student experience.
The Associate Degree of Sport Business is a pathway to a Bachelor of Sport Business (Leadership).
CRICOS provider code (055881G)
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Sport manager
- Sport marketer
- Sport event and tournament manager
- Talent manager
- Facilities manager
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- New South Wales
- Olympic Park
Duration and Study Load
- 2 years full-time or part-time equivalent
This course is available on campus with selected units available online.
The good news, our courses are not ATAR-dependent. Instead, you can be considered for admission via one of the following criteria. Applicants with lower performance standards may consider studying for an Associate Degree or Diploma as a pathway to a bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent meeting required standards in relevant subjects.
- Performance in relevant year 11 results for early entry pending release of HSC results.
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification.
- A completed Certificate IV from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification plus completed year 11 or an equivalent.
- One year of full-time or an equivalent study in a degree course at a recognised higher education institute in Australia or an equivalent.
- Satisfaction of entry requirements specified under formal articulation arrangements as determined by the ACPE Academic Board.
- Completion of a Big Picture Education Portfolio at a Big Picture School, supported by a recommendation from the school principal.
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English.
- Demonstration to the CEO or the Dean’s satisfaction of good selection prospects as a student (for example, relevant work experience and motivation to study), and ineligibility to compete for admission based on the above academic achievement criteria.
ACPE offers a range of alternative entry pathways to help you enter a degree. If you are looking to turn your passion for sport into a career, an industry-recognised qualification from ACPE will give you the foundation you need.
- All applicants must meet minimum computer literacy standards as determined by ACPE and have unrestricted access to the internet and a personal email account.
- Domestic applicants must be 18 years of age or turn 18 within their first semester of study. International applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements for their chosen course of study.
- For courses that involve work-integrated learning where you may deal with children (i.e. under 18 years of age), applicants require a valid “Working with Children Check” which needs to be supplied to ACPE before you commence your course.
While some subjects require mid-term and final exams, assessments may also comprise quizzes, essays and tutorial participation. Students enrolled in an online subject sit their final exam at the College or, if they live at a distance, under external supervision.
Stephen PetersAssociate Degree of Sports Business (Leadership)
Further Study Options
- ACPE Bachelor of Sport Business (Leadership)
- Graduate Diploma in Sport Administration
- Sport business research
- Postgraduate studies in sport business
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
About Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE)
Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is Australia’s leading sport education provider that is renowned for its specialist accredited degree and diploma programs.
Since our story began in 1917, many students have become respected and admired sport professionals. ACPE’s work-ready experience placements, unit delivery with industry experts, Elite Athlete Program, and Scholarships are just some of the ways we help students reach their fullest potential and achieve a sustainable long-term career.
We outshine our competitors based on the Quality Indicators of Learning and Teaching (QILT) Student Experience Survey, which is run by the Government. This is important because it tells you what our current students have said about their experiences at ACPE.
Compared to other universities and education providers, ACPE is rated in the top 15 for the overall quality of the student experience in 2021. We achieved a 94.4% rating for teaching quality, 88.5% for the quality of the overall student experience, and 92.9% for student support – significantly ahead – making ACPE the leading provider of sport, health, and dance courses in Australia.
Located at Sydney Olympic Park, we are surrounded by sport organisations and industry partners presenting opportunities at our doorstep. We are FEE-HELP approved and not ATAR dependent. Turn your passion for sport into a career. Why go anywhere else?
ACPE CRICOS provider code (01822J)