The Bachelor of Physical Activity for Health provides an exciting blend of health, sport science, and movement, giving you a springboard into a variety of careers and further study.
It is ideal if you wish to pursue a career in health-related fields with a particular focus on physical activity and sport. You will learn how to take responsibility for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating physical activity and health initiatives to help others become more physically active and improve their health. Equipped with the knowledge and skills required, you will be work-ready to be employed in Government, community organisations, and the private health sector to promote the importance of physical activity for health.
We outshine our competitors based on the Quality Indicators of Learning and Teaching (QILT) Student Experience Survey, which is run by the Government. This is important because it tells you what our current students have said about their experiences at ACPE. Compared to other universities and education providers, for 2021, ACPE ranked number 1 for Health courses in Australia, for teaching quality, student experience, and student support.
The Bachelor of Physical Activity is a pathway for the Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education). The first year of the pathway degree and the Education degree have the same units so you do not lose credits or any time when you transfer to the education degree in the second year.
CRICOS provider code (108822J)
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community engagement officer
- Health and wellbeing manager
- Sport development manager
- Sport and recreation officer
- Association or club development officer
- Policy support officer
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 3 years full-time or part-time equivalent
This course is available on campus with selected units available online.
The good news, our courses are not ATAR-dependent. Instead, you can be considered for admission via one of the following criteria.
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent meeting required standards in relevant subjects.
- Performance in relevant year 11 results for early entry pending release of HSC results.
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification.
- A completed Certificate IV from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification plus completed year 11 or an equivalent.
- One year of full-time or an equivalent study in a degree course at a recognised higher education institute in Australia or an equivalent.
- Satisfaction of entry requirements specified under formal articulation arrangements as determined by the ACPE Academic Board.
- Completion of a Big Picture Education Portfolio at a Big Picture School, supported by a recommendation from the school principal.
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English.
- Demonstration to the CEO or the Dean’s satisfaction of good selection prospects as a student (for example, relevant work experience and motivation to study), and ineligibility to compete for admission based on the above academic achievement criteria.
ACPE offers a range of alternative entry pathways to help you enter a degree. If you are looking to turn your passion for health into a career, an industry-recognised qualification from ACPE will give you the foundation you need.
- All applicants must meet minimum computer literacy standards as determined by ACPE and have unrestricted access to the internet and a personal email account.
- Domestic applicants must be 18 years of age or turn 18 within their first semester of study. International applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements for their chosen course of study.
- For courses that involve work-integrated learning where you may deal with children (i.e. under 18 years of age) such as Education courses, applicants require a valid “Working with Children Check” which needs to be supplied to ACPE before you commence your course.
While some subjects require mid-term and final exams, assessments may also comprise of quizzes, essays, research tasks, and practical presentations. If you are enrolled in an online unit, you will need to sit your final exam at the ACPE campus. Or, if you live at a distance, arrangements will be required for external supervision.
Further Study Options
- Teaching (PHE)
- Sport development
- Public health
- Community development
- Sport management
- Sport and recreation management
About Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE)
Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is Australia’s leading sport education provider that is renowned for its specialist accredited degree and diploma programs.
Since our story began in 1917, many students have become respected and admired sport professionals. ACPE’s work-ready experience placements, unit delivery with industry experts, Elite Athlete Program, and Scholarships are just some of the ways we help students reach their fullest potential and achieve a sustainable long-term career.
We outshine our competitors based on the Quality Indicators of Learning and Teaching (QILT) Student Experience Survey, which is run by the Government. This is important because it tells you what our current students have said about their experiences at ACPE.
Compared to other universities and education providers, ACPE is rated in the top 15 for the overall quality of the student experience in 2021. We achieved a 94.4% rating for teaching quality, 88.5% for the quality of the overall student experience, and 92.9% for student support – significantly ahead – making ACPE the leading provider of sport, health, and dance courses in Australia.
Located at Sydney Olympic Park, we are surrounded by sport organisations and industry partners presenting opportunities at our doorstep. We are FEE-HELP approved and not ATAR dependent. Turn your passion for sport into a career. Why go anywhere else?
ACPE CRICOS provider code (01822J)