- This course is eligible for Free TAFE.
Are you looking to enter the electrical industry, or get a taste for the trade before undertaking an apprenticeship?
This pre-apprenticeship course is designed to give you the core skills and knowledge for the industry, and increase your opportunities to gain an electrical apprenticeship.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Electrical apprentice
What You'll Learn
The major areas of study include:
• Work health and safety
• Electrical concepts and applications
• Parts and components
• Electrical wiring and equipment
• Drawings and diagrams
• Introduction to welding
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Applicants must be aged 16 or over
- Applicants are expected to have an appropriate level of language, literacy and numeracy skills, which will be evaluated prior to course intake.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), formally recognises a person’s existing skills and knowledge towards the achievement of a nationally recognised qualification or statement of attainment.
Skills may have been gained through:
- Work experience
- Formal training and education (you may be eligible for a credit transfer)
- Informal training and education
- General life experience
- Voluntary work
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)