- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
The Certificate III in Education Support and Certificate IV in Education Support dual qualification, will equip you with the skills required to support students with different developmental issues, and the knowledge needed to guide responsible behaviour of children and young people in a safe and supportive environment.
You will also learn how to assist Teachers in delivering planned education programs, support the development of literacy, numeracy and oral skills, ensure the learning environment is inclusive and relevant, support and protect children and young people who are at risk of harm, ensure the effective functioning of a classroom and understand and apply a range of principles and processes to facilitate student learning.
Upon completion of this course, you will be qualified to work as a Teacher Aide, Education Assistant or Education Officer. You may also choose to work as a Special Needs Teacher Aide, assisting Teachers in educating children with learning difficulties. Across all roles, you will encourage participation in classroom and other school activities to develop the skill sets and increase the confidence of children.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Teacher Aide/Assistant
- Special Needs Teacher Aide
- Inclusion Support Aide
- Support Worker
- Education Assistant
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 24 months
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
Students must apply for their Working with Children check at course commencement.
For mandatory work placement (100 hours), students must have access to an education environment AND a qualified teacher who is employed at the school.
Education environments may include:
- Government school (pre-primary, primary and secondary)
- Private/non-government school (pre-primary, primary and secondary)
- Education centre
- Special educational centre
- Community educational centre
These courses also require a minimum of 100 hours of work placement in an education environment and a supervisor able to sign off on practical demonstration elements. You will also be required to undertake the unit HLTAID003 Provide First Aid through an external provider.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Given that some students may already be able to demonstrate their competence in some units, a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment process may be available to students to recognise skills and knowledge that may have been gained through formal and informal training and/or learning, work experience and life experience.
To be assessed as competent, learners need to provide evidence of their knowledge and skills relevant to the unit of competence. Assessment methods may include:
- Short answer questions
- Assignments / Projects
- Observation Report
- Practical Assessment / Project
- Case Study / Role Play
- Practical work evidence through projects, activities and third party observation reports
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)