- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
If you’re interested in planning, operating and management in the wider realm of sport and fitness, start your career with the SIS30115 Certificate III in Sports and Recreation.
Whether it’s maintaining sporting grounds, working in a customer service position or operational and customer support positions within Sport and Recreation industries, the SIS30115 Certificate III in Sports and Recreation will equip you to work competently across a range of activities and functions, in a range of operational and customer support positions.
Throughout this qualification, you will learn how to work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments, plan and conduct programs, organise schedules and use social media tools for collaboration and engagement for your sport or recreational facility. To be able to work hands-on in the sport and recreation industry, you will also learn how to maintain sport, fitness and recreation facilities and conduct non-instructional sport, fitness or recreational sessions.
This nationally accredited qualification is delivered online, via our learning management platform, my eCampus. Combined with support via our team of education professionals, you are equipped with the tools needed to start your career in sport and recreation.
Once attained, the SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation can be your stepping stone to further education, with qualifications like the Diploma of Sport and Recreation Management.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Activity operation officer
- Recreation officer
- Recreation officer
- Leisure service officer
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Study entirely online, meaning you can study at your own pace, when and where suits you through our online learning platform
- Up to 12 months to complete
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic (Dial-up access is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows 8 or above
- Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- MAC: Operating system – OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
Dedicated student support
Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as straightforward as possible
Flexible payment options
A range of payment options to suit your lifestyle
The largest network of industry partnerships
Access to one of Australia’s largest network of employers, fitness professionals and fitness business owners
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to address needs and expectations of clients and colleagues, promote programs, services and facilities, and respond to conflict and client complaints.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to organise own work schedules, to monitor and obtain feedback on work performance and to maintain required levels of competence.
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to develop and update current and emerging information on the sport, fitness and recreation industry. This unit requires the ability to source and comprehend general sport, fitness and recreation industry information and develop a required knowledge base.
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to maintain facilities within a sport, fitness and recreation context.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to maintain a healthy and safe workplace through participation in the process of identifying work health and safety (WHS) hazards and assessing and controlling WHS risks, and the promotion and support of worker consultation.
About Australian Institute of Personal Trainers
At the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) we are experts in nutrition and fitness, and equip our students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside our partner Registered Training Organisation Foundation Education (RTO 22557), we have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide.
When you study with AIPT you have access to:
- Dedicated student support – Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as smooth as possible.
- Largest network of locations – We have the industry’s largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we’re in your area.
- Flexible delivery options – We cater to all learning styles and offer flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Australian Institute of Personal Trainers is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO – 32363)