Cybersecurity Fundamentals offers an ideal starting point for gaining a solid understanding of cybersecurity and the potential risks organisations might encounter. This practical and interactive course focuses on demystifying the complex world of cybersecurity, translating it into language and concepts that are easily understood and actionable for non-technical individuals. Participants will be equipped with strategies, enabling them to effectively mitigate risks and respond promptly in the event of a breach.
Business professionals across all roles and sectors will acquire the necessary knowledge to navigate the challenges posed by cyber threats, making it an essential resource for individuals seeking to safeguard their organisations against potential vulnerabilities.
Who's It For?
The Cybersecurity Fundamentals program has been developed for individuals who recognise the importance of safeguarding digital information and systems and seek to effectively mitigate the risks and implications posed by cyber threats to their business.
In today’s technology-driven world, businesses across all sectors heavily rely on various technologies. As a results, this program caters to a wide range of business professionals in diverse roles and industries.
What You'll Learn
- Define key cybersecurity terminologies and understand the basic principles of cybersecurity as it applies to businesses.
- Identify the various types of cybersecurity threats and potential attack vectors that can impact business operations.
- Understand the potential consequences of cybersecurity breaches on a business.
- Develop basic strategies to mitigate cybersecurity risks, including creating and maintaining secure passwords, recognising phishing attempts, and implementing secure internet practices.
- Understand the importance of creating a culture of cybersecurity awareness within an organisation, and how to effectively communicate policies and best practices to team members.
- Recognise the early signs of a potential cybersecurity breach and understand the basic steps to minimise business disruption and loss.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration and Study Load
- 1 Day
Virtual Classroom – 1 day virtual session
Utilising highly accessible digital capabilities, virtual classrooms provides the benefits of live learning — working with peers, asking questions with immediate answers from facilitators, and stimulating deeper discussions — with the flexibility of online learning.
About Australian Institute of Management
The Australian Institute of Management (AIM) empowers individuals and organisations to adapt and thrive in the face of relentless change.
Since 1941, AIM has supported Australia’s workforce through the provision of innovative and industry-focused education solutions. Our portfolio of short courses, qualifications, and higher education is constantly evolving to ensure we are best positioned to support our customers.
Commitment and dedication to the advancement of Australia’s workforce is at the core of AIM and defines our organisational values.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); Ground floor, 7 Macquarie Place, Sydney NSW 2000. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071, and an approved FEE-HELP provider.