This Data Scientist course, delivered by Simplilearn in collaboration with IBM, accelerates your career in Data Science by providing you with real-world training and skills in data science.
This online data science course offers extensive training on the most in-demand data science and machine learning skills with hands-on exposure to key tools and technologies, including Python, R, Tableau, and concepts of Machine Learning. Be an expert in the field of data science by deep diving into all angles of data interpretation and mastering high-level technologies such as Machine Learning and programming skills.
Enhance your learning with our immersive learning program, delivered through live interactive courses with expert practitioners, labs, and work on real-world projects. If you love tackling problems and shaping future decisions through data, this course can help you accelerate your practical skills in the latest technologies and master powerful programming languages in a live interactive environment so you can succeed in a demanding industry.
With a program designed by IBM experts, students will have the opportunity to be part of an integrated blended learning approach involving live interaction masterclasses and practical projects, setting them up to be job-ready as data scientists in the industry.
Who's It For?
This data scientist online course is suitable for both newcomers and experienced professionals. Aspiring professionals of any educational background with an analytical frame of mind are most suited to pursue the data science course including:
- IT Professionals
- Analytics Managers
- Business Analysts
- Beginners or Recent Graduates in Bachelors or Master’s Degree
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Analytics Manager
- Machine Leanering Engineer
- Statistical Programming Specialist
What You'll Learn
- Gain an in-depth understanding of data structure and data manipulation
- Understand and use linear and non-linear regression models and classification techniques for data analysis
- Obtain an in-depth understanding of supervised and unsupervised learning models such as linear regression, logistic regression, clustering, dimensionality reduction, K-NN, and pipeline
- Perform scientific and technical computing using the SciPy package and its sub-packages such as Integrate, Optimize, Statistics, IO, and Weave
- Gain expertise in mathematical computing using the NumPy and Scikit-Learn packages.
- Master the concepts of recommendation engine and time series modelling and gain practical mastery over principles, algorithms, and applications of machine learning
- Learn to analyze data using Tableau and become proficient in building interactive dashboards
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 5-7 months
- 12 months access
Professionals wishing to succeed in this online Data Scientist course should have:
- A foundational understanding of data analytics
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Basic understanding of any programming language
Course 1: Python for data science
Learn the fundamentals of object-oriented programming with Python for Data Science in this initial introductory short course in data science.
Course 2: Data science with Python
This data science with Python certification gives you a complete overview of data analytical tools and techniques used in Python. Python is an essential skill for multiple data science roles and is highly valued in the industry.
In this blended learning program, you will apply Python skills to concepts such as mathematical computing, data wrangling and more. You will also work on projects with Amazon and Walmart and begin your journey as a Data Scientist.
Course 3: Machine learning
Accelerate your career with this world-class machine learning course featuring 58 hours of applied learning environments, online interactive labs, 4 real-world projects and live mentoring.
Earn a learning certification to demonstrate your adept skills in Machine Learning so you can advance in your Data Science career.
Course 4: Tableau training
Advance your career with this Tableau training course, helping you master Tableau Desktop, a worldwide tool in data visualisation highly regarded around the world for reporting and business intelligence.
This course will train you to use high-level tools effectively for data visualisation, creating interactive dashboards, showcase difference dimensions and outliers in data.
Course 5: Data science capstone
With this specialised Capstone course, you will get the opportunity to implement the skills you have developed in this Data Scientist program. Through dedicated mentoring sessions, you will gain feedback and best practices on solving real-world and industry-related data science problems.
This includes data processing and data modelling to build business results and insights. This capstone course is the final step to solidifying your data science training and showcasing your expertise in Data Science to future employers.
A data analyst collects, cleans, and interprets data sets in order to answer a question or solve a problem. They work in many industries, including business, finance, criminal justice, science, medicine, and government.
Salary: $125k AUD
Data scientists examine which questions need answering and where to find the related data. They have business acumen and analytical skills, as well as the ability to mine, clean, and present data. Businesses use data scientists to source, manage, and analyze large amounts of unstructured data.
Machine learning engineer
Salary $114k AUD
Machine learning engineers design and create the AI algorithms capable of learning and making predictions that define machine learning (ML). An ML engineer typically works as part of a larger data science team and will communicate with data scientists, administrators, data analysts, data engineers and data architects.
About Upskilled (Delivered by Simplilearn)
We are Upskilled, an Australian leading and award-winning education provider of professional training and education, who understands the importance of a student’s end goal.
We consult with Australian industry experts to ensure we fully understand industry training needs, and offer the most relevant online courses to support our students.
Upskilled seek out the world’s best online courses and partners to provide our students with an unmatched learning experience.
We believe in flexible learning that leads to core career outcomes.
Placing students learning experience at the forefront of everything we do, Upskilled has partnered with Simplilearn – the world’s number 1 online Bootcamp to deliver specialist IT courses, co-designed by industry-leading experts.
We always strive to innovate and understand your needs and interests as a student. If you’re looking to advance in your career, get in touch with our team of Australian-based consultants, who are with you every step of the way along your journey. We can point you in the right direction so that you can start on the pathway to building the career you love.