- Please note this course does NOT qualify for VET FEE-Help or any other government funding. Flexible payment options available
Get your dog grooming business off to a flying start.
If you’re looking to work for yourself, what could be better than a pathway that shows you the right way to go about it. With this course you’ll learn about the care requirements of dogs, and all about their health. You’ll be introduced to concepts and facts which are crucial to any groomer. You’ll then move onto a “start your own business” course, in which you’ll learn essential business startup skills and get great support from an experienced business coach. Plus, you’ll receive one-to-one videos from an expert groomer.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the basic care of dogs, including nutrition, exercise, hygiene, and preventative health care
- Learn about key concepts dog groomers require, including basic anatomy, hygiene, tools & equipment and handling
- Discover the basic skills needed when starting your own dog grooming business
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 280 hours
- 12 months access
- Complete 1 module per week
100% Online and 24/7 Access
- Get instant access within 1 business day and start when you’re ready
- Receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email from experienced professionals
- Receive one-to-one mentoring with a Business Coach and gain access to one-to-one dog grooming videos
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time and receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
- Gain a certificate that has been developed by industry experts
- We donate to the RSPCA for every student who completes this course
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
- Multiple choice
- Short answer
- Practical assessments
Harriet GregoryDog Grooming Business Pathway
For every student that completes one of our dog care courses, we make a donation to the RSPCA in Victoria. On a recent visit to the RSPCA in Melbourne, we found their efforts and facilities to be incredible and we fully support them in their fight for the safety of animals. RSPCA Victoria is currently reviewing our course materials.
The Dog Grooming to Business Pathway comprises the following three programs:
About The Career Academy
The Career Academy is a leading Australian training provider of industry accredited online courses. Their education driven team are committed to providing exceptional online courses and personal tutor support. The Career Academy offers a range of specialist courses to improve job performance, and their focus is on mentoring, inspiring and supporting people through training so their career or business can reap the rewards. The Career Academy’s course delivery is flexible, so their students can study with minimal disruption to their daily life. They offer flexible payment plans so anyone wanting to learn has the opportunity no matter their circumstances. Many of their tutors are qualified Chartered Accountants and hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.