Calling all Agricultural Enthusiasts! Or even those who are looking to work in the Agricultural Sector!
This wonderful and informative course has been specifically designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required to work within the Agricultural sector, more specifically, in an agronomic/consultancy based position. This course is well suited to individuals who are either, looking to break into the agricultural industry at an entry-level, for career professionals who are looking to upskill their knowledge and to take their career to the next level and for farmers/farm managers/farm support workers seeking to gain deeper knowledge in regard commonly applied agronomic practices across Australia.
What is Agronomy you ask? Agronomists are involved in a wide range of roles, but are more often than not best described as “crop doctors”. In general, an agronomist is concerned with the health and well-being of crops used for food production, biofuel, medicine and land reclamation. Agronomists conduct experiments (on-farm) to develop the best on-farm practices to improve the quality and production levels of crops in a sustainable manner.
Potential career outcomes could include:
What You'll Learn
The key areas of knowledge addressed in the course relate to the agronomic study of conventional broadacre farming systems in Australia with a strong focus on developing the skills necessary to analyse and monitor different cropping and livestock systems, as well as, the processes involved with the planning of year to year on-farm operations.
Overall, graduates of the Certificate of Agronomy will have cross-functional skills and knowledge that will prepare them for employment across a broad range of industry-related fields such as; agronomy, research agronomy, agribusiness management, regional sales management and marketing, agricultural logistics, farm management, farm support roles and Agricultural real estate (sales).
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Flexible duration (12 months access & tutor support)
- Average course completion time – 15 to 20 weeks
- Self-paced fully supported learning
- You must have a computer and an internet connection. If you do not have a computer or tablet, we can supply one
- Over the age of 18 (if you are not, we would need to speak with a guardian)
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be aware that any disabilities may affect your ability to work online; please notify us so that we can fully support you with your studies
- Online 24/7 access to your course allowing you to study when it suits your schedule
- Access to a variety of learning formats including video tutorials and text-based guides
- A custom designed kit delivered straight to your door with all the practical tools & products you need to get started
- Tutoring services to ensure no question you have goes unanswered
- A lifetime loyalty discount of 20% off all your tools and products from our industry partner
- A certificate of attainment upon completion of your course
- Plus lifetime access to the course content allowing you to have a refresher whenever you need
Feedback will be provided for assessments upon submission online.
- Introduction to Agronomic Practices
- Culture: What Influences Crop Growth
- Crop Husbandry Practices
- Seed and Seed Management
- Arable Cereal Crops
- Arable Broadleaf Crops
- Crop Management: Special Project
- Strategic Planning
- Business Plans
- Business Assessment
- Viability Analysis
- Management Strategies
- Human Resources
- Physical Resources
- Natural Resources
- Introduction: Soils and Soil Classification
- Properties of Soils and Plant Nutrition
- Soil Testing Methods
- Land Degradation and Other Soil Problems
- Soil Management on Farms
- Crops: Soil and Nutrient Requirements (Part a)
- Crops: Soil and Nutrient Requirements (Part B)
- Pbl Soil Project: Soil Investigation and Report
About Learning Online
Learning Online is a new-age education provider with the mission of delivering practical skills to Australians so that you can get the most out of life.
We specialise in short courses that have been carefully crafted to deliver you the skills you’ll need to succeed.
By partnering with industry experts our courses are highly relevant to what’s occurring in industry right now, which means that when you graduate from a Learning Online course, you’ll be able to start applying those skills and create an impact in your role from day one.
With a combination of interactive video tutorials, custom designed industry-based kits and text-based learning, your online studies are going to be something you look forward to each day.