This qualification assists in developing skills for hospitality service, sales and customer service. From café to bar work, learn how to apply practical skills while thinking on your feet in the face-paced hospitality industry.
Undertake the necessary workplace accreditations you’ll need such as Food Safety and Responsible Service of Alcohol all while receiving coaching in the Job Ready skills you’ll need, such as resume
Who's It For?
Undertaking this mode of assessment can be advantageous to those candidates who have:
- Previous industry qualifications
- Previous incomplete qualifications
- Relevant industry experience
- Relevant employment skills
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Western Australia
- Victoria Park
Duration and Study Load
- 3 days per week of face to face training over the course of 10 weeks
- Designed to flexible and may take up to approximately 12 months to completed depending on individual student needs, experience, or credit transfers
All training is conducted face to face in the classroom environment, with additional trainer supervision and support during the work placement period. Assessment of skills and knowledge will be completed in either the classroom simulated work environment or during the work placement.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. However, students will need to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment and be physically fit and prepared to participate in and actively pursue industry work placement.
- All course materials and resources
- Assistance with coordinating work placement
- Non-accredited Barista Basics Course
- Job mentoring and coaching
Completion of 36 service periods (shifts) through work experience, employment, or volunteering in an actual hospitality work environment.
About Vocational Training Services
Vocational Training Services is a high-quality RTO and is proudly West Australian owned and operated. We pride ourselves on our high-quality staff, with deep industry experience, as well as a highly flexible approach to course design and delivery. But what really sets us apart from other RTOs is our focus beyond the training through assisting our student’s transition into desirable job roles upon completion of their time with us.
We partner with individuals, communities, schools and businesses to deliver specialist qualifications and accredited courses to improve skills, competency levels and confidence. In addition to providing specialist qualifications in the core areas of Retail, Hospitality and Business, we also provide leadership and work-ready training to Job Seekers in Perth and members of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in regional Western Australia. We also service schools through our school-based traineeship and apprenticeship programs.
Mainpiper Pty Ltd, trading as Vocational Training Services is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#51843)