- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
- Please note: this course is currently in a transition period (superseded due to Government-mandated updates), with our updated course due for release in the next few months. Rest assured, completion of this course version with us before 30 October 2024 will still provide you with a valid and quality outcome. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a Career Advisor on 1300 616 197.
The Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) prepares you to assist physiotherapists and their patients through rehabilitation, injuries, and other physical conditions. This qualification equips you with the knowledge and skills to deliver physiotherapy plans tailored to each unique patient, helping them overcome their obstacles and regain or maintain their physical wellbeing.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Allied Health Assistant
- Physiotherapy Assistant
What You'll Learn
Via a combination of online theory and on-site practical work placement, this qualification will teach you how to:
- Support physiotherapists in their day-to-day responsibilities
- Deliver physiotherapy programs specific to the needs of your patient
- Identify and plan the right approach to helping patients maximise their mobility
- Work efficiently in a health and community workplace
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Up to 12 months
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification
Special conditions for this course
Access to an Allied Health Practice and a qualified physiotherapist who will be able to supervise the candidate throughout work placement.
Flexible Online Study
Our courses are delivered online, so you can study whenever and wherever suits you
Dedicated Student Support
Our friendly and experienced Support Officers, Assessors and Technical Advisors will be there for you from enrolment to graduation
Course material is developed in consultation with health experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge to achieve your career goals
- Knowledge Questions
- Case Study
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is an established Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in Australia that strives to provide flexible online training solutions tailored to suit the lifestyle of our students. Since 1999, our focus has been on delivering excellent Vocational Education and Training while fostering partnership networks that enhance the quality of graduates across various industries. We have a valuable collaboration with the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), our partner RTO. Offering over 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses, we stand out in the industry because:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are conveniently delivered online, allowing you to study at your own pace and location. You have the freedom to choose the duration of your course, whether completing it within the standard term or accelerating your studies to finish in just six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Throughout your learning journey, our team of industry-experienced technical advisors, assessors, and support officers will be there to guide and assist you from enrollment until graduation, ensuring you receive the support you need.
- Industry-Relevant Courses – We collaborate with industry experts to develop course materials that equip you with job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge aligned with your career aspirations, ensuring that our courses are relevant to the current industry demands.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)