UC’s new online Graduate Certificate in Data Science is your pathway to stay relevant in today’s data-driven world. Taught by industry experts, you’ll delve into the essential areas of data science that will enable you to understand, analyse and communicate data insights.
Throughout the course, you’ll explore the key aspects of statistics and data analysis, data analysis, preparation and visualisation, developing skills and knowledge that form the foundations of data science. Discover effective methods to explain, show data and gain a strong grasp of the entire data science lifecycle to further optimise your professional achievements.
You’ll graduate with highly sought-after skills across a variety of industries, making you more competitive in a rapidly growing market able to uncover trends, visualise data and make informed strategic decisions.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Full-Time: 4 months*
- Part-Time: 8 months
*4 month duration available for Semester 1 intake only. Course duration extends to 8 months for Semester 2 entry
- To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Data Science, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
- Real World Learning: Build a foundational understanding of how to work with data effectively, growing your knowledge and abilities that directly relate to real-world environments. Increase your adaptability with UC’s practical focus to learning, giving you transferable, lifelong skills that can lead to work in various sectors, including finance, healthcare, sport, technology and more
- Problem-Solving Mindset: Develop a problem-solving mindset, addressing complex issues with data-based solutions. Learn how to identify and define problems and break them down into manageable components to solve. You’ll engage in discussions about ethical considerations and biases, going beyond technical aspects to consider the broader implications of data reporting
- Analysis and Visualisation: Discover how to use visualisations to make complex data sets more understandable and facilitate the effective communication of findings to stakeholders. You’ll explore the techniques of data analysis, graphical interpretation and modelling to reveal insights and patterns. Learn how to identify trends and anomalies that challenge assumptions, using real-world data examples
- Freedom and Flexibility: This certificate offers an immersive, 100% online learning experience, giving you the convenience to manage your study, work and life commitments. Across four key units, you can learn at your own pace with access to digital resources, materials and UC support services to set you up for future success. Study full-time and graduate in as little as 4 months*, or complete the course part-time in as little as 8 months. *Semester 1 intake only
- This certificate also serves as a foundation for further study, including the Master of Data Science
About University of Canberra
The University of Canberra (UC) is a hub of learning, practical courses and innovative research. It is a place where ideas are born, creativity is explored and opportunity is created.
UC is a university for the professions, dedicated to providing immersive student experiences focused on employability outcomes.
UC is one of the world’s leading universities for reducing inequalities (UC is ranked in the top five universities globally for reducing inequalities – THE Impact Rankings, 2023) and have been ranked number one in Canberra for full-time employment and starting salaries (Good Universities Guide 2023).
This success is in part due to our two-pronged focus, encompassing progressive, expert teaching alongside strong ties to industry. This means that students enjoy real-world work experience and get a taste of their future careers, even before graduation.