Calling all Agricultural enthusiasts! Or even those who are looking to work in an Agricultural sector!
This wonderful and informative course has been specifically designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required to work within the Agricultural sector, more specifically, in a position pertaining to regional Livestock Management.
Going forward, this course is ideal for individuals who are looking to secure well-paying jobs within the agricultural sector. More specifically, this refers to individuals who either/or/both are interested in acquiring the knowledge necessary to successfully operate a commercial livestock enterprise, for those looking to upskill their current knowledge in regard to pasture management and animal health and for those looking to make an entrance into the industry. This course is also ideal for the development of professionals currently employed in the agricultural sector and who would like to take their career to the next level.
What You'll Learn
The key areas of knowledge addressed in the course relate to livestock management in conventional pastoral systems in Australia with a strong focus on developing the skills necessary to analyse and monitor different animal health issues, pastoral growth constraints and several different management structures for livestock systems, as well as, the processes involved with the planning of year to year on-farm operations.
The skills you will gain from this course will be ideal for those individuals who are seeking progression within the livestock management industry and is also perfect for those individuals who are looking to get a competitive edge in agricultural job applications.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Flexible duration (12 months access & tutor support)
- Average course completion time – 15 to 20 weeks
- Self-paced fully supported learning
- You must have a computer and an internet connection. If you do not have a computer or tablet, we can supply one
- Over the age of 18 (if you are not, we would need to speak with a guardian)
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be aware that any disabilities may affect your ability to work online; please notify us so that we can fully support you with your studies
- Online 24/7 access to your course allowing you to study when it suits your schedule
- Access to a variety of learning formats including video tutorials and text-based guides
- Tutoring services to ensure no question you have goes unanswered
- A certificate of attainment upon completion of your course
- Plus 12 month access to the course content allowing you to have a refresher whenever you need
Feedback will be provided for assessments upon submission online.
- Introduction to Animal Health
- Signs & Symptoms of Diseases
- Disease Classification
- Causes and Diagnosis of Disease
- Treatment of Disease
- Fever and Immunity
- Tissue Repair
- Cell Changes
- Introduction to Animal Foods
- Food Components: Carbohydrates and Fats
- Food Components: Proteins, Minerals, and Trace
- Evaluating Foods and Digestibility
- Classifying Foods Part a
- Classifying Foods Part B
- Classifying Foods Part C
- Calculating Rations Part a
- Calculating Rations Part B
- Calculating Rations Part C
- Introduction to Pastures
- the Pasture Plant
- Pasture Varieties
- Site Considerations
- Establishing New Pastures
- Managing Existing Pastures
- Managing Stock on Pasture
- Pasture Management Work Tasks
- Farm Management
- Soil Management
- Certificate in Beef Cattle
- Certificate in Dairy Cattle
- Certificate in Sheep
- Certificate in Pigs
- Certificate in Poultry
About Learning Online
Learning Online is a new-age education provider with the mission of delivering practical skills to Australians so that you can get the most out of life.
We specialise in short courses that have been carefully crafted to deliver you the skills you’ll need to succeed.
By partnering with industry experts our courses are highly relevant to what’s occurring in industry right now, which means that when you graduate from a Learning Online course, you’ll be able to start applying those skills and create an impact in your role from day one.
With a combination of interactive video tutorials, custom designed industry-based kits and text-based learning, your online studies are going to be something you look forward to each day.