In today’s increasingly matrixed work environment, managing projects that cross job functions, geographies, and seniority is increasingly commonplace. Yet it is estimated that up to 70% of projects do not meet their original objectives, stay within their defined scope, schedule or agreed-to budget.
AIM’s Project Management Fundamentals course covers an end-to-end project lifecycle based on the application of the critical knowledge areas of the Project Management Body of Knowledge – PMBoK®. It’s designed to provide you with practical, up-to-date perspective of the basics of project management and how you can use them to manage a variety of common business, and life, projects.
You will learn to scope, plan, lead and manage a project, including scheduling, budgeting and managing risk until the project closes. You’ll also address the common reasons projects fail and how to overcome them.
Who's It For?
- This course is essential for managing the 80 percent of projects that typically do not require a specific, formal project methodology or standard. If you are leading or involved in delivering project outcomes on-time and on budget, this course will be invaluable.
What You'll Learn
- Develop project management plans
- Define project scope and boundaries
- Implement project schedules
- Manage budgets, quality and risk
- Manage stakeholders and communication plans
- Finalise and report on projects
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- South Australia
- New South Wales
Duration and Study Load
- 2 Days
On-Campus Workshops – 2 days face-to-face workshops
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
Virtual Classroom – 2 days virtual sessions
Utilising highly accessible digital capabilities, virtual classrooms provides the benefits of live learning — working with peers, asking questions with immediate answers from facilitators, and stimulating deeper discussions — with the flexibility of online learning.
This Short Course also gives you free access to the following Online Courses valued at $4,125:
- Creative Thinking and Continuous Improvement
- Effective Communication
- Introduction to Project Management
About Australian Institute of Management
The Australian Institute of Management (AIM) empowers individuals and organisations to adapt and thrive in the face of relentless change.
Since 1941, AIM has supported Australia’s workforce through the provision of innovative and industry-focused education solutions. Our portfolio of short courses, qualifications, and higher education is constantly evolving to ensure we are best positioned to support our customers.
Commitment and dedication to the advancement of Australia’s workforce is at the core of AIM and defines our organisational values.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); Ground floor, 7 Macquarie Place, Sydney NSW 2000. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071, and an approved FEE-HELP provider.