- Please note: This course is not available to international students and has specific entry requirements, click the Entry Requirements tab to learn more
The Undergraduate Certificate in Sports Coaching is designed to meet the needs of individuals currently working in the industry, while providing flexibility and convenience via online learning.
Those employed in sport coaching, coach development, or athlete/player development can now take advantage of additional educational opportunities to develop their professional knowledge and skills, enhance their current practice and their career development.
In addition, you can receive Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) credit. The academic credit earned from this course can go towards your studies in Bachelor of Sport Coaching (Management), Bachelor of Sport Coaching (Strength and Conditioning), or Bachelor of Football (Development, Management and Performance).
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Sport coach (performance and participation)
- Coach developer
- Coach education tutor
- Coach mentor
- Head of Sport
- Manager of athletic performance
- Player/athlete pathway manager
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 6 months
To successfully apply for the Undergraduate Certificate in Sports Coaching you will have to meet the following requirements:
Have at least two years’ work experience in the Industry – you are required to provide a resume and a reference from your employer confirming your employment and experience, together with a personal statement about your readiness for undertaking higher education studies.
You will need to provide one of the following:
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate)
- A qualification from a recognised higher education provider
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification
- A completed Certificate IV from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification plus completed year 11 or an equivalent
- One year of full-time or an equivalent study in a degree course at a recognised higher education institute in Australia or an equivalent
- Satisfaction of entry requirements specified under formal articulation arrangements as determined by the ACPE Academic Board
- Completion of a Big Picture Education Portfolio at a Big Picture School, supported by a recommendation from the school principal
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English
- Demonstration to the CEO or the Dean’s satisfaction of good selection prospects as a student (for example, relevant work experience and motivation to study), and ineligibility to compete for admission based on the above academic achievement criteria
Further study options
- Bachelor of Sport Coaching (Management)
- Bachelor of Sport Coaching (Strength and Conditioning)
- Bachelor of Football (Development, Management and Performance)
The Undergraduate Certificate for Sport Coaching can be completed in six months, and comprises of four units. Each of the four units will run one at a time over a six-week period. The units will be delivered with two sport coaching-related topics explored each week.
About Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE)
Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is Australia’s leading sport education provider that is renowned for its specialist accredited degree and diploma programs.
Since our story began in 1917, many students have become respected and admired sport professionals. ACPE’s work-ready experience placements, unit delivery with industry experts, Elite Athlete Program, and Scholarships are just some of the ways we help students reach their fullest potential and achieve a sustainable long-term career.
We outshine our competitors based on the Quality Indicators of Learning and Teaching (QILT) Student Experience Survey, which is run by the Government. This is important because it tells you what our current students have said about their experiences at ACPE.
Compared to other universities and education providers, ACPE is rated in the top 15 for the overall quality of the student experience in 2021. We achieved a 94.4% rating for teaching quality, 88.5% for the quality of the overall student experience, and 92.9% for student support – significantly ahead – making ACPE the leading provider of sport, health, and dance courses in Australia.
Located at Sydney Olympic Park, we are surrounded by sport organisations and industry partners presenting opportunities at our doorstep. We are FEE-HELP approved and not ATAR dependent. Turn your passion for sport into a career. Why go anywhere else?
ACPE CRICOS provider code (01822J)