Do you want to become a Virtual Assistant (VA) but are confused about what to do first?
Have you been researching and are finding there’s so much conflicting information that your head is actually spinning and you don’t know where to begin?
Since 2017, the VA Institute’s VA Startup Signature Program has been helping people just like you set up and run their own very successful VA business.
All our participants come away with a fully launched and set up VA Business… and have ALL the tools and knowledge required to build and grow a super successful career as a professional Virtual Assistant in Australia.
Written by Australian VAs, this is a tried and tested program that really works. In fact, it’s the only program we know of where participants are fully set up on completion!
Who's It For?
This program is designed for individuals who wish to set up their own business in Australia, and have a skill base that includes experience in any one or more of the following areas:
- Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant
- Digital Marketing/Social Media
- Human Resources
- Legal Secretarial
- Website/Graphics Design
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Virtual Assistant
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
We understand everyone learns differently… and for this reason, we have developed 6 very different delivery options to suit all learning styles and budgets:
“Zoom” Workshops (online in real-time)
Small-Group Zoom Sessions – For those who want to be able to learn from the comfort of their own home, but also want to learn in real-time in a fun and interactive small group environment, the Small Group Zoom Sessions are ideal. With no more than six (6) participants, you receive individualised coaching and support throughout the 2 x 4 hour Zoom sessions, and the Workshops are recorded for your future reference.
One on One Zoom Sessions – If you learn better in a one-on-one setting, but are happy to learn from the comfort of your own home, this is for you. We personally deliver the training at a time that suits you over 2 x 3 hour interactive Zoom workshops.
Full-Day In-Person Workshop – Some people just learn better when they are in the same room as their trainer. We understand that and so we have developed this great option, and WE COME TO YOU! The Workshop is held over a full day, and is fun and very interactive.
VA Startup Intensive Retreat – If you want to get set up very quickly – like, in the space of 3 days / 2 nights – then this workshop is for you. You basically walk into the session without a business, and walk out with a fully launched website, logo designed, email set up, templates branded… everything you need to operate your business straight away! This is not called an ‘intensive’ retreat for nothing. We work together (yes, it’s just you and the trainer) to get you set up and launched.
Fully Online / Self-paced Training
VA Startup Essentials – If you’re someone who is quite happy to DIY, then this program is designed for you. We have all the essential information and downloadable resources that you will need to get your VA business started correctly.
VA Startup Advanced – This is for people who want to learn at their own pace and at a time that suits them, but want more than just the basics. We include more templates and resources, PLUS we build and launch your website, set up your email account and can design your logo if you wish.
This is where the VA Institute is very different from other programs out there… we actually implement and put into place what you need so you can hit the ground running. We take the pain out of setting up your business by doing the hard stuff for you!
This means you receive:
- Full Website built for you – and launched!
- Professional email set up
- Logo design
- Comprehensive Course Workbook
- Ingrid’s Amazon best-selling book mailed to you – “Discover the Authentic VA Within – A Journey from EA to VA”
- Ongoing (non-ending) access to mentoring support via our private VA Institute Mastermind Facebook group beyond the completion of your program at no extra cost
- Quality VA Certification upon completion
- Free access to our Find a VA job leads upon successful program completion
- DISC Profile
- Greatest Fears
- Your “Why”
- Business Name Research
- Key Service Areas
- Identifying Key Connections
- Identifying Local and Online Networks
- Understanding the Virtual Advantage
- Basic Attributes required to be a successful VA
- Collaboration & Outsourcing
- Networks and Associations
- Your Service Offering
- Your Rate/How to Charge
- Your Ideal Client
- Your Strengths, Challenges, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT)
- Vision, Mission and Values
- Your Sales & Marketing Strategy
- Your Business Management Strategy
- Your Transition Strategy
- Your Competitors
- Your Business Goals
- Domain Name and Hosting
- Email Address
- Business Cards
- Facebook and other Social Media Platforms
- Professional Profile
- Service Agreement
- Sub-Contractor Agreement
- Virus Protection
- Data Backup
- Time Management Software
- File Sharing
- Communication Tools
- Project Management Software
- Accounting Software
- Password Storage
- OH&S Considerations
- Contingency Planning – Mitigating Risk
- Job Lead Sources – How to Get Clients
- How to Pitch
- Onboarding Clients
- Defining Networking – what it is and what it isn’t
- Networking Do’s and Don’ts
- Online vs Offline Networking
- Your Networking Strategy
- It’s All about Attitude
- Developing a Positive Mental Attitude
- Key Competencies for Business
- Business Mindset for VAs
- Training Providers for VAs
- Ongoing Mentoring
- Positive Mental Attitude Building Exercise
- Key Competencies Quiz
- Setting and Meeting Expectations
- Etiquette in Communication
- Active Listening in Business
- Dealing with Difficult Clients
- Resource: Communication Checklist
- VARK – Learning, Processing and Communicating Styles
- Questionnaire: Learning and Communication Styles
- Communication Skills Quiz
- Time Management Tips and Tricks
- Time Management Style Questionnaire
- Identifying Time Guzzlers
About VA Institute
Established in 2017 by Ingrid Bayer, The VA Institute is your go-to resource for education and training, providing hands-on, practical support for you in this exciting stage of your career/business life.
After a career of over 30 years in ‘traditional’ secretarial roles, Ingrid started operating as a Virtual Assistant from her home office in regional New South Wales, Australia in 2008. Within two years, she had grown her business to include managing and overseeing a team of VAs.
Ingrid now devotes her time to working strategically with the Australian VA Industry and its stakeholders, and specialising in working with EAs, Pas and Admin workers from around Australia, and around the world, in making the transition to becoming a successful VA.
Ingrid’s passion and life purpose is to make a tangible difference in the lives of VAs and their clients by uncovering and exposing the ‘elephant in the room’; that is, identifying the missing ingredients in the VA toolbox in a way that empowers, transforms and inspires the VA Industry and its stakeholders to be the best, expect the best, and deliver the best beyond mere technical skills.