- This course is not CRICOS registered and is not available to Student Visa holders.
This qualification will give you the chance to turn your passion into a career, choose your own hours and even be your own boss. SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness offers you an interactive and hands-on approach to learning, giving you the knowledge and skills you need to conduct fitness assessments and design and deliver fitness programs that help people achieve their fitness goals.
Choose from one of the two specialisations:
Group Exercise Instructor
Individuals who specialise in Group Exercise Instruction deliver exercise sessions designed for participation by a group of clients with a mix of ages/fitness levels. Sessions may be freestyle, pre-choreographed or circuit style. These individuals instruct and demonstrate complete exercise sessions to groups with limited individual interaction.
Individuals who specialise in Gym Instruction provide individually tailored client assessments, provide technique correction as needed, and develop and demonstrate programs. They also provide supervision of a facility or service, keep equipment clean, tidy and well maintained, and handle various customer inquiries.
And from the moment you graduate you will possess a comprehensive understanding of fitness and training fundamentals, including anatomy and physiology principles. You will also learn the latest in healthy eating trends and motivational strategies to assist new members in their fitness and health journey.
This nationally accredited qualification gives you the flexibility to complete the theory component in the comfort of your own home, while the practical component of your course will be supported by real fitness professionals, in gyms, at a campus location near you.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Fitness Instructor
- Gym Instructor
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Alice Springs
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
Duration Study Load
Delivery Options and Length:
AIPT Mentor – Certificate III in Fitness – 30 hours of face-to-face practical completed with an AIPT Mentor, a qualified Personal Trainer, who will guide you through your course material and provide you with hands-on experience, with theory components completed online, in your own time.
Dependant on availability of a mentor in your area.
Duration UP TO: 12 MONTHS
Student Selected Mentor – Certificate III in Fitness – Choose your own mentor* to guide you through 30 hours of face-to-face practical. Theory components are completed online, in your own time.
*Your chosen Mentor must be approved by the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers.
Duration UP TO: 12 MONTHS
- Theory completed online at your pace
- AIPT Mentor: 30 practical hours
- Student Selected Mentor: 30 practical hours
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC: Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download
Working with Children Check
In order to complete your Work Placement, you may be required to hold a current “Working with Children Check Clearance” issued by the relevant Responsible Authority in the State or Territory in which you will undertake this course. Please see the Student Handbook for more information.
First Aid Certificate
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who hold a current first aid and CPR certificate and have been recognised as competent through a recognised training program or recognition process against the following units of competency. This qualification needs to be completed through an external third party, and the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTO 3605) which provides First aid Training to AIPT students at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is an independent third party training provider. This is an additional service offered by AIPT; however, students are able to source their own training provider to suit their needs.
SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness
About Australian Institute of Personal Trainers
At the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) we are experts in nutrition and fitness, and equip our students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside our partner Registered Training Organisation Foundation Education (RTO 22557), we have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide.
When you study with AIPT you have access to:
Dedicated student support – Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as straightforward as possible.
Largest network of locations – We have the industry’s largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we’re in your area.
Flexible delivery options – We cater to all learning styles and offer flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Australian Institute of Personal Trainers is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO – 32363)