Procurement is a steadily growing, in-demand job function responsible for the sourcing and supply of resources to ensure that a business is able to meet any and all stakeholder requirements. Procurement professionals must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers while also using analytical skills to manage inefficiencies in the supply chain.
With workplace-based assessments and course content designed for the modern working environment, we strive to get you job-ready, competent, confident and qualified to succeed in your procurement career.
This course is designed to give you the skills needed to understand and apply the most appropriate procurement strategy for your business. Buyers work can be challenging, ranging from fostering relationships with suppliers to build strong partnerships, through to maximising your supply chain efficiency with the available resources.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Procurement officer
- Supply chain manager
- Contract manager
- Supplier relationship manager
What You'll Learn
- Learn in-demand supply chain management skills and contract negotiation
- Understand and apply the most appropriate procurement strategy for your business
- Foster positive partnerships with suppliers
- Estimate and project procurement and inventory costs
- Budget and plan for new and existing strategies and products
- Understand how to find inefficiencies and address them going forward
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Part-time: 14 months
- Full-time: 12 months
- Maximum 24 months
Our courses are 100% online and are self-paced. This means you can choose to study on a more intense time schedule, or just fit it around your lifestyle when you can.
The course can be completed in as little as 6 months with a full-time (around 15-20hrs per week) study load or in 12-16 months on a part-time study load (around 6hrs per week), but we allow a 24-month standard course enrolment duration, depending on circumstances.We provide engaging tutorials, industry-relevant assessments and work-ready learning outcomes.
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
While there is no formal prerequisite study required to enter this qualification, it is beneficial for students to have some relevant industry experience to assist with the learning application required for this course. This may have been obtained through formal and/or informal training, work experience and life experience.
You will need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or another device with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets (eg: Google Docs, iWork, etc)
- A PDF Reader installed
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained
- You will receive a personal learning plan, regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability, you may be eligible for RPL.
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning formed as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in 2009, and through high-quality training, unparalleled support and flexibility, we’ve been making a real difference in thousands of careers over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)