By completing the Double Diploma of Business (Leadership) and Leadership & Management, you’ll develop key skills in resource management, leadership and communication. You’ll strengthen your ability to manage teams, policies and finances, preparing you to move into a leadership role in every sized business in any industry. The course will help you to support the people in your organisation, understand the various components of a successful business, and lead your team forward.
After completing this Double Diploma qualification, you’ll have the skills in communication, people management and policy development required to lead organisational development and improvement confidently. The course will support you in a wide range of business management roles and give you the critical ability to communicate with influence and manage effective workplace relationships.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- General Manager
- Business Manager
- Business Development Director
What You'll Learn
- Lead and manage workplace communication
- Manage budgets and operational plans
- People and performance management
- Manage policies and procedures
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Full-time: 16-18 months
- Part-time: 12 months
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
While there is no formal prerequisite study required to enter this qualification, it is beneficial for students to have some relevant industry experience to assist with the learning application required for this course. This may have been obtained through formal and/or informal training, work experience and life experience.
You will need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or another device with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets
- A PDF Reader installed
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required.
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained
- You will receive a personal learning plan, regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Recognition of Prior Learning
- If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability, you may be eligible for RPL
Where it will lead me
- As a qualified and confident leader with a combination of essential business and management skills, you’ll be prepared to take on any business challenge. You’ll develop skills in managing budgets and financial plans, so you’ll be able to understand your business’ financial position. You’ll know how to communicate with influence to assist you when speaking with employees and stakeholders and be able to manage effective workplace relationships to foster a positive workplace culture. You’ll also have a solid understanding of a wide range of business functions and be able to manage daily business operations from workplace policies to staff payroll, ensuring your team and the wider business are performing to a high standard
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning is an award-winning Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering high-quality training, unparalleled flexibility and real career outcomes to thousands of students over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies – not just a piece of paper.
We promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)