The Understanding Cisco Collaboration Foundations (CLFNDU) v1.1 course gives you the skills and knowledge needed to administer and support a simple, single-site Cisco® Unified Communications Manager (CM) solution with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway.
The course covers initial parameters, management of devices including phones and video endpoints, management of users, and management of media resources, as well as Cisco Unified Communications solutions maintenance and troubleshooting tools. In addition, you will learn the basics of SIP dial plans including connectivity to Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) services, and how to use class-of-service capabilities.
Who's It For?
- Students preparing to take the CCNP Collaboration certification
- Network administrators
- Network engineers
- Systems engineers
What You'll Learn
- Administer a single-site Cisco Unified Communications Manager, handling daily tasks such as add, moves, changes and deletions of phones, video endpoints, and users
- Configure Jabber devices and implement common endpoint features including call park, shared lines, pickup groups, and phone button templates
- Introduce you to the SIP protocol, how calls are connected, and how media codes are determined
- Introduce you to the capabilities and basic configuration of a SIP gateway for PSTN access
- Introduce you to the dial plan elements used to route calls, and the class-of-service capabilities to control who can route calls where
- Administer Cisco Unity Connection handling daily tasks such as add, moves, and changes and deletions of voicemail boxes and users
- Administer maintenance tasks and use the troubleshooting tools available on Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Real-time Monitoring Tool
- Apply Continuing Education credits to validate your skills
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 5 days
This course is intended to be an entry-level course. There is no specific prerequisite Cisco courses, however, the following skills are required:
- Internet web browser usability knowledge and general computer usage
- Knowledge of Cisco Internetwork Operating System (Cisco IOS®) command line
From our state-of-the-art classrooms to telepresence to your offices, your instructor-led training caters to your needs.
30 years driving innovative, award-winning learning solutions.
More courses, more often
When you train with DDLS, you get more courses, more often, in more locations and from more vendors.
Quality instructors and content
Expert instructors with real-world experience and the latest vendor-approved in-depth course content.
Chosen and awarded by the world’s leading vendors as a preferred training partner.
Ahead of the technology curve
No matter your chosen technologies or platforms, we can help you stay one step ahead.
This course does not lead directly to a certification exam, but it does cover foundational knowledge that can help you prepare for several professional-level collaboration courses and exams:
- Implementing and Operating Cisco Collaboration Core Technologies (CLCOR) and exam 350-801
- Implementing Cisco Collaboration Applications (CLICA) and exam 300-810
- Implementing Cisco Advanced Call Control and Mobility Services (CLACCM) and exam 300-815
- Implementing Cisco Collaboration Cloud and Edge Solutions (CLCEI) and exam 300-820
- Implementing Automation for Cisco Collaboration Solutions (CLAUI) and exam 300-835
Cisco now provides students with electronic courseware for this course. Students who have a confirmed booking will be sent an email prior to the course start date, with a link to create an account before they attend their first day of class. Please note that any electronic courseware or labs will not be available (visible) until the first day of the class.
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.