Published March 30, 2021
Best Online Data Analytics Courses to Upskill: Which One Is Right for You?
Professionals with data analytics skills are invaluable to businesses.
Why? Because they:
- Accurately analyse large data sets
- Understand programming languages, and
- Are knowledgeable in digital tools and web coding technology.
This knowledge helps businesses inform and improve their business intelligence and their decision-making.
Data science and analytics are also transferable across many industries. A data analytics course is a great tool if you want to upskill in your current field or start something new.
Our course comparison below will help you find your best pathway. All of them offer flexible online learning — and some even have no education prerequisites.
Short courses are perfect for data analytics newbies to wrap their heads around key skills and practices. These courses require no prior education, and their shorter time commitment means minimal disruption to your day-to-day. If you’re looking for an upskilling opportunity, this is it!
Marketing Analytics and Insights
- Learn to identify and use data insights
- Focus on driving business action and communication
- Free access to Adobe and Tableau tools during the course
- No prerequisites
5-8 HRS A WEEK, OR
OVER 6 WEEKS
Learning how data insights can shape marketing strategies.
Developing AI strategy
- Focuses on real-world AI strategy implementation
- Create an AI business plan for your industry
- No prerequisites
5-8 HRS A WEEK
OVER 8 WEEKS
Learning how to apply AI thinking to the industry.
Certificate or diploma courses
These courses are a great option for those looking for a more comprehensive understanding of data science. Slightly longer, they provide greater depth of general practices and specialist knowledge, focusing on practical data science implementation.
Data Science Collection
- Focuses on the implementation of programming languages Python and R
- Understand compliance and governance in data analytics
- Proven strong familiarity with Python and Cloud systems required to start
Learning how to best visualise data with code during business decision-making.
Diploma of Data Science
This is a brand-new nationally recognised course, released in February 2021. So new, in fact, that no RTOs or providers are approved to deliver the course yet. Watch this space!
- Covers all steps of data collection, structures and analysis
- Works with emerging web technology tools
- Provides specialist skills options
Becoming a data analyst or data scientist.
A bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science (data science and applied analytics) is a great option for those looking to start a longstanding career in the data science field. Usually, three years of full-time study, a bachelor’s degree can lead you to a fulfilling career in numerous industries, including data science, logistics management and business intelligence.
Once you’ve completed a bachelor’s degree, you can go on to further specialisation and expertise in a master’s degree.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all stages of applied data analytics
- Understanding of programming languages and web tools
- Personalised specialist skills training (electives)
- Online (1)
(OR 6 PART-TIME)
People who want to build a career in data analytics, science and business intelligence.
Masters of Business Administration (Data and Cyber Management)
Bachelors or Graduate Certificate entry prerequisite.
- An MBA with a focus on data security
- Australian Defence Force approved program
- No exams and graduate with a work-ready portfolio
FULL-TIME OR PART-TIME
Data science professionals looking to become a leader in business cybersecurity.
Master of Data Science (Applied)
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) entry prerequisite.
- 6:2 structure – 2 week-break to every six-week teaching period
- Practical, real-world implementation of data science
- Student advisors and support resources throughout the course duration
20-25 HRS PER WEEK
Professionals who require comprehensive practical data science knowledge.
If you’re looking to upskill in a valuable, high-income skill set, data science and analytics is a great option. With a wide range of education pathways available, choosing a course to fit your goals and lifestyle is easy.
With the benefits of online learning at your fingertips, there’s no time like the present to start enquiring about courses.
What to Expect When You Start Working as a Counsellor: 6 Lessons
New counsellors hit a steep learning curve when they begin practicing. A professional counsellor sha...
How to Write a Cover Letter That’s Unique (Like You)
Writing a cover letter from scratch can be a daunting task. Luckily, this guide offers all the tips...
Will a Democratic Leadership Style Make You a Successful Leader?
Find out what strengths and characteristics make the democratic leader a powerful force in the moder...
Want to read more?
Which Unusual Course Should You Study?
We live in a world that accommodates insanely varied tastes and interests. Some of us happily find t...
10 Tips to Help You Study While Travelling
Travel and study don't always mix but with a little innovation and planning you can keep up your stu...
Australian seniors are ready to upskill
Australian seniors are ready to upskill to gain employment....