Save big on diploma courses! Limited time offer – up to 40%* off with TrainSmart!
There is a growing need for people who can offer support services to adults and teenagers who may need support and guidance. If you have the desire to help people lead a happier life to reach their full potential, a career as a professional Counsellor could be a fulling career path for you.
The CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling will equip you with knowledge and understanding to provide professional help as a counsellor, to diverse groups and individuals. The CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling course enables you to work in a variety of settings providing counselling services to others.
You may work with clients in various settings including mental health, drugs and alcohol abuse, family and domestic violence, housing, adolescent development, and parenting and relationships.
In our Diploma of Counselling course, you will learn how to recognise and respond to crises situations, develop and facilitate positive counselling relationships, apply core counselling methodologies to assist clients and much more.
This 12-month course will gain you access to our Health and Community Services Trainers for dedicated team support throughout your studies.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community Services Worker
- Family Support Worker
- Case Worker
- Welfare Worker
What You'll Learn
Our CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling course covers a range of content including; Counselling Relationships, Counselling Theories, Interviewing Skills, Cultural Safety, Respond to Crises, Case Management, Grief Support, Domestic Violence and more.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
12 months with the opportunity to extend.
- This course is offered fully online with practical assessments delivered through Video Conferencing and our Purpose Practicals service. Purpose Practicals provides our students with a safe environment to demonstrate practical counselling skills within a simulated environment. Our studio is equipped with videoconferencing equipment to support E-counselling sessions for trainee counsellors
TrainSmart Australia will assess a student’s ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that can be verified or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
You will receive dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies, with access to our student forums.
There is no work placement required for this course.
Recognition of Prior Learning
To find out if you are eligible to apply for RPL please fill out an enquiry form.
Assessments are by way of written assignments and have a practical component. To achieve this qualification, you will be required to complete a range of practical activities (simulation exercises) either online or face-to-face.
TrainSmart Australia will give you advance notice so you can make necessary arrangements to ensure you are able to participate in these practical activities.
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)